From all of us at Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, we would like to wish you the gifts of the season — Peace, Joy, Hope. Thank you for your support this year!
Here are some of the highlights of 2018:
- Girls Inc. Camp Bit Smart made Spring Break a blast with visiting professionals and Howard University volunteers.
- Honored astronaut and scientist, Dr. Ellen Ochoa, at the Annual Strong, Smart, and Bold Celebration Breakfast.
- Girls Inc. Camp Smart at the Houston Health Museum, where we played soccer with the Dash, dissected a sheep’s heart, met a bee keeper, and got to know female symphony conductor Elam Chan.
- First ever Girls Inc. Be Bold Institute where middle and high school girls focused on the future with career advice and college tours.
- Girls Inc. programs at new schools including: Drew Academy, Fleming Middle School, Mading Elementary, Wheatley High School, and Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy.
- Growing Up Girl – a cross-generational panel discussion with program partners Houston History Alliance and The Ensemble Theatre.
- Houstonia’s Woman UP! Event – a speakers series and pop-up shop that benefited Girls Inc. of Greater Houston.
- Eight Girls Inc. high school girls attend the Texas Women’s Conference.
- Girls Inc. science programs at Houston Academy were taped and shared by Houston Public Media.
- Champions for Girls membership program launched!
- Houston city council and Mayor Turner proclaimed October 30th “Girls Inc. of Greater Houston Day.”