Girls Inc. of Greater Houston is a local affiliate of Girls Incorporated.
Founded in 1996, Houston’s nonprofit affiliate offers local education enrichment programs in schools, at day camps, and other events. This hands-on, girl-centered curriculum is led by trained program facilitators and covers topics such as:
- Financial Literacy
- Media Literacy
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
All programs are designed to fulfill the Girls Inc. mission to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
Through education partnerships and programs, we strive to:
- Effectively meet the needs of girls in their communities
- Develop girls’ capacity to be self-sufficient, responsible members of the community
- Help girls overcome the effects of discrimination
- Serve as vigorous advocates for girls
The vision of Girls Inc. of Greater Houston is to help all girls realize their potential and exercise their rights.