Girls Inc. of Greater Houston is a local affiliate of Girls Incorporated.
Founded in 1996, Houston’s nonprofit affiliate offers local education enrichment programs in schools, at day camps, and other events. This hands-on, girl-centered curriculum is led by trained program facilitators and covers topics such as:
- Financial Literacy
- Media Literacy
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
All programs are designed to fulfill the Girls Inc. mission: to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
Through education partnerships and programs, we strive to:
- Effectively meet the needs of girls in their communities
- Develop girls’ capacity to be self-sufficient, responsible members of the community
- Help girls overcome the effects of discrimination
- Serve as vigorous advocates for girls
The vision of Girls Inc. of Greater Houston is to help all girls realize their potential and exercise their rights.