The Girls Inc. Be BOLD Institute (BBI) is a two-week, experiential learning experience for girls, ages 13-18 years old, held at the prestigious Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy. The Institute will take place June 17th – June 28th, and will include an overnight leadership retreat and teambuilding ropes challenge.
Girls Inc. is collaborating with several community partners to deliver an experience that will:
- Introduce girls to concepts and careers in STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math);
- Cultivate self-expression, civic engagement, and empowerment through writing and spoken word;
- Encourage girls to adopt healthy behaviors and make healthy choices;
- Prepare girls for future college and career success; and
- Develop girls to be independent and productive leaders and advocates in their schools and communities.
June 17 – 28, 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Young Women’s College
1906 Cleburne Street
Houston, TX 77004
13 – 18 years old
Application Fee: $25
Full Institute Fee: $150
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! – Apply for scholarships within registration application.
Application will be considered incomplete until the $25 fee is received.
There are no GPA requirements to attend. However, we are looking for young ladies that demonstrate the following attributes:
- A willingness to learn from others, including their peers;
- An inclination for leadership and advocacy (at school, at home, in the community);
- Shows respect toward authority, her peers, and herself;
- A desire to pursue education beyond high school, including 2- and 4-year colleges and training.
If this is you or your daughter, please complete the application at the link below and pay the $25 application fee today. Full payment is due by May 31, 2019.
Be BOLD Institute participants are required to attend both weeks.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! – GiGi’s Girls Scholarship honors the loving spirit of Christine M. Burke, fondly known as GiGi. It was established by her family so that the learning, fun, and friendship of our camp is as accessible as possible. A scholarship application does not guarantee an award. Funds are limited and awarded based on household income. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please complete the registration application. Early submission of your application is encouraged.