Girls Inc. delivers programs on an outreach basis. We build trusted partnerships with schools, libraries, community centers, faith-based, apartment complexes, and youth organizations in order to implement programs to girls at those venues. Programs take place at a variety of host sites and which can vary month to month. Providing mobile outreach programs enable us to reach approx. 1,000 girls between the ages of 6 to 18 annually.
Program Service Area
The majority of programming is currently held within Harris County. Girls Inc. is able to provide programming in the following counties: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Hardin, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Polk, San Jacinto, Waller, Washington, Wharton, and Walker.
Program Partnership Expectations
Girls Inc. provides:
- A support coordinator to communicate actively with partners;
- Screened/trained instructors to facilitate to each program;
- Program supplies and materials;
- Parent Permission Forms;
- Marketing flyers for participant recruitment;
- Access to participant attendance, pre/post test results, and evaluation feedback
Partners are asked to:
- Designate an adult to serve as a contact person their site;
- Communicate with girls and parents about the upcoming program;
- Recruit 8 - 15 girls for the program;
- Submit a parent permission form for each participant;
- Provide time and adequate space to meet program needs;
- Designate an adult to serve as a "silent observer" / chaperone for the program
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding;
- Pay for associated program expenses, if applicable;
- Complete a short survey to help us improve our services.
Bring Girls Inc. Programs to Your Community
We welcome the opportunity to bring programs to your community. We encourage you to provide us with the name of a community center, school, or place of worship with a possible contact person so that we may pursue building a program partnership with them.